Department of Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana, Rishikul Ayurvedic college was upgraded for postgraduation education and research by Government of Uttar Pradesh via G.O. No. 5784 Sec.9/ifjf”k’V m0 iz0 341/76, fof”k’V vuqHkkx 9,] 23rd March, 1984. At that time college was affiliated from Kanpur University, Kanpur. In year 1990, the first pass out batch was awarded the degree of Ayurved Vachaspati (M.D. Ayurved). After becoming Uttarkhand as a separate state on 9th November 2000, the college got affiliation from H.N.B. University, Garhwal. Since year 2013 it is affliated by Uttarakhand Ayurved University, Harrawala, Deharadun via G.O. No. 267/XXXV(3)/2009/40(1)/2009 of Government of Uttarakhand. This department deals Paraclinical Specialty with the study of Ayurved Pharmaceuticals and Clinical Services. M.D. degree combines this knowledge with practical experience creating expert in this field. At present, 21 P.G. scholars (7 in each academic batch) are acquiring their education and training in the department. Department has museum, library, Rasashala (Rasashastra Lab) and teaching pharmacy. Museum have good number of models, Rasadravya, demonstrative charts etc. Library contains more than 350 books on different aspects and branches of Ayurved, Medicine and Pharmacy, out of which some are very rare to publication. It also includes distinguish texts of foreign publications & journals. A complete collection of all thesis of research studies of department is available in the library. Rasashala includes a Puta section with well-arranged classical Puta & Bhatti. Teaching pharmacy has all short of machineries and equipment required for different kinds of formulation of dosage forms. To promote research in Ayurvedic pharmaceutics, department is engaged in multi-centric research activities with DMIMS, Wardha, Maharashtra, School of Pharmacy, Shoolini University, Solan, H.P., Gurukula Kangari University, Haridwar, Department of Chemistry & Bioprospecting Division, Forest Research Institute, Dehradun, etc.
• Students have unique opportunity to learn the art of Ayurvedic pharmaceutics with well- equipped teaching pharmacy.
• Department endeavor to create ethically sound Ayurvedic pharma professionals, who are ready to undertake responsibility of drug research and development in Ayurved.
• Department also deliver high quality teaching learning to match with the present day need of the society.
Staff: Department has 04 teaching faculties and 04 non-teaching staff –
A. Faculty Members:
Prof.(Dr.) Khemchand Sharma – Head of Department
Dr. Shuchi Mitra – Associate Professor
Dr. Usha Sharma – Associate Professor
Dr. Yadevendra Yadav – Assistant Professor
Dr. Mahesh Chandra – Assistant Professor
B. Non-Teaching Staff:
Mrs. Sandhya Raturi – Pharmacist
Mr. Pramod Prajapati
Mr. Devanshu Bisht
Mrs. Deepak Kumar
Department of Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana has reinvented the educational approach towards pharmacy with its unique style. Department helps scholars to be fit easily into top industries/Institutions/Research centers. It is a place where an unwavering commitment to excellence in research, excellence and service is demonstrated through the extraordinary productivity and success of our faculty, staff and students. Department prepare its students to achieve heights in Ayurvedic pharmaceutics.
Following activities are going on smoothly in department-
• To improve the skill of the student regular practical works are perform by UG students and PG scholars
• To improve the soft skill and self-confidence of PG scholars, audiovisual classes and seminars are regularly scheduled.
• Guest lectures by renowned person of the field are arranged time to time.
• Students participate in various national and international seminars/workshops throughout the country to glorify their wisdom and professional enthusiasm.
• To explore the research studies conducted in the department, faculty members & scholars are actively publishing their papers in various high impact journals.
• Department is working in following area of research-
Classical Ayurvedic drug standardization
Drug designing & New dosage form development
Pre-clinical & Clinical studies
Validation of Fundamentals of Ayurvedic pharmaceutics
• Total 139 Postgraduations completed from the department till year 2020.
• Department has given University topper in Postgraduation in year 2017.
- 1. Students have unique opportunity to learn the art of Ayurvedic pharmaceutics with well- equipped teaching pharmacy.
- 2. Department endeavor to create ethically sound Ayurvedic pharma professionals, who are ready to undertake responsibility of drug research and development in Ayurved.
- 3. Department also deliver high quality teaching learning to match with the present day need of the society.